Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 7     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   Next
Andy

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #51 
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and give you all an update.

As always with these things you just cannot know if a good thing will last, what the real reason for the good times are and so on, but I can definetly say that my skin is doing a whole let better after I started with my Green Tea cream from Dr Syed mixed with licorice and Andrographis Paniculata from Skin Actives plus the EGF serum. Not one single major blush or flush during this last week, and that is pretty big for me! I'm also taking two meds, Inderal and Clonidine and a few supplements, Grape Seed Extract & Pycnogenol, Ester-C and Zinc Gluconate.

Now, one of my biggest "triggers" is different temperatures, coming indoors in winter always gave me a flush, and now with a current heatwave that problem doesn't exist, so that is of course a contributing factor. But nevertheless, there is no doubt that my skin has improved a great deal with all this and it feels really awesome! I just hope it lasts and continue to improve, knock on wood.
Karla

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #52 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and give you all an update.

As always with these things you just cannot know if a good thing will last, what the real reason for the good times are and so on, but I can definetly say that my skin is doing a whole let better after I started with my Green Tea cream from Dr Syed mixed with licorice and Andrographis Paniculata from Skin Actives plus the EGF serum. Not one single major blush or flush during this last week, and that is pretty big for me! I'm also taking two meds, Inderal and Clonidine and a few supplements, Grape Seed Extract & Pycnogenol, Ester-C and Zinc Gluconate.

Now, one of my biggest "triggers" is different temperatures, coming indoors in winter always gave me a flush, and now with a current heatwave that problem doesn't exist, so that is of course a contributing factor. But nevertheless, there is no doubt that my skin has improved a great deal with all this and it feels really awesome! I just hope it lasts and continue to improve, knock on wood.

 

Andy, thanks for the update!  Did you start the meds at the same time as the actives?  Just wondering how much difference btw the two.  I'm still using licorice w/really good results and have added Green Tea in sea kelp and it's not hurting anything so hopefully is adding to the overall healing.  Isn't it great not to have flushing?  Temperature is a big trigger for me too and it continues to amaze me when it doesn't happen!  Glad to hear you're having success!


__________________
Karla
Oksana

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 122
Reply with quote  #53 

I'll join the cheering squad - I did the same thing, added Green Tea to my licorice-sea-kelp mix, as well as EGF, and I'm washing with half sea kelp and half cleanser. I hardly ever flush any more, and the red patch on my cheek is looking paler for sure. That patch is like a baromoter to tell me whether my skin is happy or not. I'm waiting for HA - never tried that before, and want to add it just for fun.

The blackheads on my nose are not as obvious but they are still an issue, and so are the deep creases from nose to mouth. I'm scared to try anything else for fear of aggravating the rosacea again.

Andy

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla
 

Andy, thanks for the update!  Did you start the meds at the same time as the actives?  Just wondering how much difference btw the two.  I'm still using licorice w/really good results and have added Green Tea in sea kelp and it's not hurting anything so hopefully is adding to the overall healing.  Isn't it great not to have flushing?  Temperature is a big trigger for me too and it continues to amaze me when it doesn't happen!  Glad to hear you're having success!



Karla, I've been taking those meds for quite some time, but recently tried Moxonidine instead of Clonidine. It's effect on me faded pretty fast and I just switched back, plus upped the Inderal dose. Sure, these meds help but I know my body and skin well enough by now to know that they're not solely responsible for my healthier skin. I have a really stressful and heavy job, a rosaceans nightmare, so an after work flush was pretty much guaranteed most days, but nothing big this week and it's really super! Feels like a whole new world of possibilities opens up.

Going out for a bite to eat AFTER work without getting a major flush..? Dare I dream?

What you, me and Oksana seems to have in common is the licorice extract. I was told it's great for rosacea but I didn't expect it to be this powerful. I'm also certain the EGF serum has helped a lot.

I would also like to urge other rosaceans to try Andrographics Paniculata!
Karla

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla
 

Andy, thanks for the update!  Did you start the meds at the same time as the actives?  Just wondering how much difference btw the two.  I'm still using licorice w/really good results and have added Green Tea in sea kelp and it's not hurting anything so hopefully is adding to the overall healing.  Isn't it great not to have flushing?  Temperature is a big trigger for me too and it continues to amaze me when it doesn't happen!  Glad to hear you're having success!



Karla, I've been taking those meds for quite some time, but recently tried Moxonidine instead of Clonidine. It's effect on me faded pretty fast and I just switched back, plus upped the Inderal dose. Sure, these meds help but I know my body and skin well enough by now to know that they're not solely responsible for my healthier skin. I have a really stressful and heavy job, a rosaceans nightmare, so an after work flush was pretty much guaranteed most days, but nothing big this week and it's really super! Feels like a whole new world of possibilities opens up.

Going out for a bite to eat AFTER work without getting a major flush..? Dare I dream?

What you, me and Oksana seems to have in common is the licorice extract. I was told it's great for rosacea but I didn't expect it to be this powerful. I'm also certain the EGF serum has helped a lot.

I would also like to urge other rosaceans to try Andrographics Paniculata!

Andy,

 

Don't you find yourself cringing a little, waiting for that flush to start and then it doesn't?  Sure hope this continues to work and doesn't end up having any side effects.  Did you ever do any research on wether topical application can affect blood pressure?  It doesn't seem like it would be strong enough.

 

So about the new herb, are you taking it internally?  It sounded very promising for quite a few different things when I search on the web after your original mention.  Can you give us any details on how/how much etc you're using? 

 

Thanks!

 

 


__________________
Karla
Karla

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksana

I'll join the cheering squad - I did the same thing, added Green Tea to my licorice-sea-kelp mix, as well as EGF, and I'm washing with half sea kelp and half cleanser. I hardly ever flush any more, and the red patch on my cheek is looking paler for sure. That patch is like a baromoter to tell me whether my skin is happy or not. I'm waiting for HA - never tried that before, and want to add it just for fun.

The blackheads on my nose are not as obvious but they are still an issue, and so are the deep creases from nose to mouth. I'm scared to try anything else for fear of aggravating the rosacea again.

 

That's such good news!!! I"m soooo happy for you!  Did you get a pestle or how are you working w/the licorice?  My last batch I pestled and it was great, almost no grit at all.  Hopefully you'll like the HA, please let us know.  About the blackheads, I'm hoping that the sea kelp or the actives are diminishing them, mine sure seem less noticable.  Twice I've tried White Williow (Salicylic Acid) and water and it does sting a little and my face got red but then applied the licorice and the red disappeared.  Not sure if I should keep trying this but may do it once a week for a while.  There didn't seem to be any major immediate improvement anyway, but it may be something that has to be used for awhile.


__________________
Karla
aaclouti

Avatar / Picture

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 610
Reply with quote  #57 
ohh so wonderful Oksana and Andy! I want to try that Andrographis at some point. Licorice truly is amazing, and of course EGF..I could go on and on..

Recently I've discovered my skin also likes bisabolol, sodium pca, and caffeine. I wonder how many ingredients my skin can benefit from. I'm using so many amazing ingredients now. A year ago I never would have thought I could have so many choices. -Artist
Oksana

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 122
Reply with quote  #58 

Wow, that is so cool, Artist. Maybe I'll follow your lead and try those at some point. I forgot to mention that I also ordered natural active peptides, that time I was following Emily's lead. I'm restraining myself and going slowly this time. Thanks for your encouragement.

Karla, my pestle is the back of a spoon and my mortar is a tabletop and a piece of paper. Then I do the 50% power microwave thing, and the results are acceptable - a few grains but I don't mind. Thanks for sharing the tidbit about the white willow. I had some mixed into a cream I'm now using on my neck and hands. Maybe I'll try your idea of using licorice as a chaser and just doing it once or twice a week. I'm not suprised you didn't see immediate results - I'm pretty sure, like most of the actives, there is a cumulative effect.

 

Yup, we should all be grateful for licorice and EGF and Hannah and SAS!!!

Now I'm hungry for licorice.

Oksana

johnybo

peggissue
Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamermaid

Hey Rebecca,

 

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, it is greatly appreciated.

 

Like many I am new to this concept of designing your own skincare products and what a brilliant idea it is too. I'm like a kid in a candy store but having had severe neuropathic rosacea, I have learnt to be patient and test only one thing at a time. Even if irritation doesn't show immediately, it can take upto 16 days to notice a shift for the worse. So as I said, I know a heck of a lot about Rosacea, so feel free to discuss this with me but am new to Skin Actives, so I have a lot of fascinating reading ahead of me thanks to the wonderful contributors on this forum.

 

Never give up and keep trying until you find something that works for you and don't be impatient. In a really weird twist, I think we that are concerned with our skin thanks to whatever disorder we suffer from, will probably end up looking better than any one of any age we know. My mum keeps telling me that my skin has never looked as lovely as it does now. Bear in mind that 3 years ago, I was crippled and housebound with Rosacea. My face was a burning, peeling disaster. Now I actually get compliments. If only I could get rid of the neuropathic pain.

 

I would also like to add that along with the Green Tea and Licorice Extract, hyaluronic acid has been of tremendous help also.

 

I am tempted to try the EGF but am a little gun shy as I had a very bad reaction to the Neocutis cream with VEGF (note from the editor: VEGF is Vascular Endothelial growth factor, NOT epidermal growth factor). I do now know that there is a vast difference but I still feel a little trepidation. I would also like to add Horse Chestnut at some stage.

 

Once again, thanks to everyone and especially Rebecca for making me feel welcome. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to give advice as well as receive.

 

 

Can you share your recipe.  I've been wanting to keep is simple and i am zoning in on Liquorice asnd green tea.   people seem to be able to tolerate them well.  I'm jsut wondering what base you are using and perhaps the ratios of all the actives with that base?

 

I'm thinking about the canvas myself as a base.  not sure how i should go about mixing a correct ratio. 

 

if anyone else has advice, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm really jsut wanting to try white liqorice and green tea for now.  i don't want ot overdo it in the beginning and take it slow.  but like i said, not sure what's the best base for rosacea skin (options) and how to mix the correct ratios for whatever base i decide to use (and i'm not sure about my options as far as a base is concerned).

hannah

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 15,838
Reply with quote  #60 
You will be limited by the solubility of the actives. Gor example, I don't think that liquorice will dissolve very well in sea kelp bioferment, but will do well in Canvas base cream.

For concentrations, please email me at info@skinactives.com for a table with actives solubilities and concentrations.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.